Sunday, May 20, 2007

Week One

Wow. It's good to be back in a production office. It's especially nice this time around because I don't have to answer phones and make copies for people.

Hmm. What did I do this week. I ran alot of miscellaneous errands for Drew. I guess I should explain a little bit before I start in on what I'm doing. So I was offered a job as assistant to the director of a movie. They've got a 6 million dollar budget (even though they keep telling the crew and everyone else that it's 1 million - but I'm a former best friend of the production coordinator so I have inside information) At first I was a little sad that i didn't get a job with the art department but now I'm 200 percent happier with the position that I've got. Unlike any film job I've ever had, this time around I only have to answer to one person, not 20. It's great. I work for the director. That's it! I'm even staying in her amazing condo with her (at her request).

the only thing that has been hard was parting with my life in Eugene. Which I was really worried about doing once I graduated. In more ways than one this job is a god send. If there was one thing that could have distracted me from the horror of quitting my preschool job and coaching soccer and going to class and seeing my friends.. it's this.

However. I do miss class. I do miss my friends. I especially miss my house and my cat. Not to mention that I'm sort of living a double life here. I spend 2 - 3 days out of the week being distraught about something. usually it's the day I leave for either place. When I'm working on the movie I don't want to leave and when I come home for the weekend I don't want to go back.

No comments: